At some point in time you’re bound to run into duplicate records in your CRM. While they might seem harmless, duplicate data has significant impact on business performance.
Prevention is the best cure, and with tools like Zero Keyboard you can make sure your teams avoid duplicates in the first place. But let’s see what we can do about your duplicate accounts in Salesforce!
How to Merge Accounts in Salesforce Lightning
- Open an Account record and click View Duplicates.
- Tick all accounts you want to merge (max. 3 accounts) and click Next.
- Click Use as master on the account you want to keep.
- Select the values you want to keep from the duplicate accounts and click Next.
- Confirm the merge by clicking Merge Accounts.
How to Merge Accounts in Salesforce Classic
- Click Merge Accounts in the Tools section of the Accounts tab.
- Enter your account search and click Find Accounts.
- Select all the accounts you want to merge (max. 3 accounts at a time) and click Next.
- Select the account you wish to keep as the Master.
- Select all fields you wish to keep from each duplicate. Conflicting values are highlighted.
- Click Merge.
All done! The selected accounts will now have merged into the Master Account you specified,
If you need to merge more than 3 records, either repeat the process or use a specialized app from the Salesforce AppExchange.